Friday, June 23, 2017

Getting to know the Authors of CFRR 2017 - IV

Getting to know the Authors of CFRR Round IV!

Just match the author to what they said to the following questions. (Answers will be on the bottom, after their short bios.)


  1. Favorite Book of an author of CFRR?  "The Thorn Healer by Pepper Basham"
  2. One item in your purse that defines you? "My wallet.  It’s stuffed with a combination of kid stuff (like a gift card to go bowling) and writing stuff (like my business cards) and fun stuff (like a Starbucks gold card).  The one thing it’s never stuffed with?  Cash. "
  3. Plan it or Wing it? "Mostly wing it. After ample research."
  4. Favorite classic book quote? "'Further up and further in.' —This is a favorite because I think about it as a character/spiritual growth admonishment to me from all the characters who say it, in all the ways they express it, in the final chapter of The Last Battle (The Chronicles of Narnia, book 7) by C.S. Lewis. 
  5. From a “word girl” standpoint, the use of “further” instead of “farther” makes all the difference, since “farther” generally refers to physical distance, and “further” refers to more of a metaphorical concept, which I think is the point (even though the characters are running, swimming, flying, etc. in the scene.)
  6.  "
  7. Cotton or Wool? "Cotton—nice and breathable and comfy!"
  8. Favorite Book of the Bible? "Romans. Paul just gets me."
  9. Regency or Edwardian? "Regency.  Oh, how I love those Regency heroes.  Hello, Mr. Darcy."
  10. Cowboys or Gentlemen? "Uhhh...how about a gentlemanly cowboy? That sounds just about perfect for me. But in case that answer is cheating, I'm going to go with a cowboy solely because I feel like a cowboy would be more likely to wear a plaid flannel shirt and I just really love plaid flannel shirts on men!" 
  11. Prince or Frog?   "Frog! But in a metaphorical way. (I’ve always had a thing for the “Bad Boy Who’s a Good Man” type!)"
  12. Prince or  Frog? " I feel like the right answer to give is "frog" because it makes me sound less shallow or something. But truthfully, I'm a little weirded out by frogs...the way they have of just jumping out of the grass at you! So I'm going to say "prince" and if that makes me shallow, I am sorry."
  13. Favorite Disney Princess? " I've honestly never been a princess girl! My favorite Disney movie is probably Toy Story...does Buzz Lightyear count? "
  14. Favorite Disney Princess? "Rapunzel, for two reasons: One, I totally identify with the mood swings in the “Best. Day. Ever!” scene when she first leaves her tower and is confronted with freedom, guilt, exultation, and fear almost simultaneously. That’s pretty much where I live whenever I’m facing a new project  or adventure. Two, Flynn Rider (I’ve always had a thing for the “Bad Boy Who’s a Good Man” type!)"
  15. Favorite name of a character in one of your books? "Campbell (it was the name I was planning to use if my third child had been a girl. He wasn't.)"
  16. Skittles or M&M's? "When I was in college, I filled a Tupperware with Skittles and practically lived off of them! The red ones are the best!" 
  17. Favorite Bible verse?  "“He must become greater; I must become less.” John 3:30  I pray it often over my writing!"

ABOUT THE AUTHORS
(Click on their image to take you to their website)



Courtney Walsh is the author of Paper Hearts, Change of Heart, and the Sweethaven series. Her debut novel, A Sweethaven Summer, was a New York Times and USA Today e-book bestseller and a Carol Award finalist in the debut author category. In addition, she has written two craft books and several full-length musicals. Courtney lives with her husband and three children in Illinois, where she is also an artist, theater director, and playwright.










Meghan M. Gorecki is an author of inspirational fiction about what God can make beautiful from the ashes of history, and hearts. A lover and avid studier of people, times gone by, and fiction, she has been writing since childhood and now houses her books under Northern Belle Publishing. Coffee and red lipstick color her days as a redhead from a box, alongside her treasured tribe of family and friends in her beloved hometown of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Award-winning author Melissa Tagg is a former reporter, current nonprofit grant-writer and total Iowa girl. The second book in her popular Walker Family series, Like Never Before, was named to one of Publisher’s Weekly’s Spring 2016 Top Ten lists. Her most recent releases include Keep Holding On (Sept 2016) and One Enchanted Eve (Nov 2016). Melissa has taught at multiple national writing conferences, as well as workshops and women’s retreats. When she’s not writing, she can be found hanging out with the coolest family ever–not that she’s biased–watching old movies, and daydreaming about her next book. Melissa loves connecting with readers at www.melissatagg.com and on Facebook and Instagram.





Becky Wade is a California native who attended Baylor University, met and married a Texan, and settled in Dallas.  She published historical romances for the general market before putting her career on hold for several years to care for her three children.  When God called her back to writing, Becky knew He meant for her to turn her attention to Christian fiction.  She loves writing funny, modern, and inspirational contemporary romance!  She's the Carol Award, INSPY Award, and Inspirational Reader's Choice Award winning author of My Stubborn Heart, the Porter Family series, and the Bradford Sisters Romance series.






Serena Chase is the author of the critically-acclaimed Eyes of E’veria series and a regular contributor to USA Today’s Happy Ever After blog. A lifelong performer who sometimes speaks in show tunes, Serena lives in Iowa with her husband Dave, teen daughters Delaney and Ellerie, and a 100-pound white Goldendoodle named Albus, who is the biggest star of her Instagram account. 





ANSWERS

1. B, 2. D, 3. B, 4. E, 5. B, 6. C, 7.D, 8.C, 9. E, 10. C, 11. A, 12. E, 13. A, 14. A, 15.D  




OTHER ROUNDS

For the previous rounds, click on the images below to take you there.
Round I
Round II
Round III

No comments:

Post a Comment