We are pleased to announce we will be hosting the 2019 Christian Fiction Readers Retreat (CFRR) at The Hilton Garden Inn in Rockville, Maryland.
|Image from Hilton Garden Inn Rockville website|
14975 Shady Grove Road, Rockville, Maryland, 20850, USA
TEL: +1-240-5071800 FAX: +1-240-3147120
|Image from Hilton Garden Inn Rockville|
Self parking: (Complimentary)
Valet: Not Available
Service animals allowed: Yes
Pets allowed: No
Registration fee does not include lodging, transportation or parking. All reservations, cost for accommodations, including taxes and incidentals are the responsibility of the attendee.
A discounted rate for accommodations will be available for guests of CFRR.* Also, a daily made-to-order breakfast is available at the Garden Grille Restaurant for $9.95 per person.
We have a limited number of rooms blocked off for this event. Just a couple of things:
- You will see 2 links: Homewood Suites & Hilton Garden Inn.
- Both are physically connected and we have access to both facilities.
- CFRR 2019 will be held at their shared event spaces on the first level.
- Homewood Suites block is for the King Bed Studio which has an Open plan, living area, full kitchen, dining and work areas, sofa bed, complimentary internet.
- Rates are $129 / night
- Hilton Garden Inn Rooms will consist of either a king bed or a double bed (2 full sized beds) room.
- Rates are $99 / night
Click on the link below to take you to our blocked rooms reservation page. *If it says no rooms available, contact Annie via Facebook message (quickest way).
To Book a Room: Use the Green "Book a Room" button when you scroll down. The first/top one is for Hilton Garden Inn and the bottom one is for Homewood Suites (even though they both says Hilton on it).
OR you can use the code "CFR" when you do a hotel room search.
There is a hotel shuttle service that take guests within 3 miles on a first come first serve basis. This includes the Shady Grove Metro station (if you want to head into DC via public transportation).
- Super Shuttle (and other airport shuttle services) will be available at all airports. Book ahead on their website: Washington DC (DCA, IAD) or Baltimore, MD (BWI)
- *Note: Come back closer to date. We're trying to work out a group rate for CFRR 2019 with SuperShuttle
- Hotel Recommended Limo Service:
- Bob’s Limo & Sedan Service - BobsLimoService.com (301-525-2525)
What's Around the Area? / Things to Do
The hotel is within a 5 minute walk to Fallsgrove Village Center which includes several eateries, a supermarket, a FedEx shipping center (if you want to mail back all your goodies from CFRR!), and a Starbucks!
You're also a couple minutes drive to other restaurants and downtown Rockville for more activities. Or you can take the hotel shuttle to the Shady Grove Metro station to head towards DC for a day's outing in the city.
- The 2019 Cherry Blossom Festival will be held March 20 through April 14, with the Parade on Saturday, April 13, 2019.
- Postmen of the Skies through May 24, 2019
- Beautiful Blooms: Flowering Plants on Stamps through July 14, 2019
- World of Stamps through February 2020
- Narwhal: Revealing an Arctic Legend through August, 2019
- Free Monuments and Museums
- The Smithsonian
- National Guard Memorial Museum
- U.S. Airforce Memorial (Arlington, VA)
- White House (need to check website - tours require months in advance booking)
- Jefferson Memorial
- African American Civil War Memorial
- National Mall
- National 9/11 Pentagon Memorial
- National Air & Space Museum
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial
- National Museum of Natural History
- National Portrait Gallery
- Discovery Theater
- Smithsonian IMAX and Theater
- National World War II Museum
- Lincoln Memorial
- National Navy Memorial
- Washington Monument
- Arlington National Cementary
- Smithsonian National Zoo
- Korean Wars Veteran Memorial
- and many many more...
- George Washington's Mount Vernon - about 45m drive from hotel
- Gettsburg National Military Park Museum - about 1 hour 15m drive from hotel
- Hershey Park - about 2 hours drive from hotel
- Chesapeake Bay Area
- Antietam National Battlefield - about 1 hour drive from hotel
- Fort McHenry National Monument - about 45m from hotel
- Shenandoah National Park - about 1 hr 45m from hotel
- Amish Country in and around Lancaster, PA - about 2 hour drive from hotel
- Colonial Williamsburg - about 3 hours drive from hotel
Coordinate Travel & Lodging with fellow CFRR 2019 Guests
We have a Facebook group for those that would like to coordinate travel and lodging with other participants. (CFRR are not responsible for travel & lodging accommodations or coordination of). Click HERE to join the Facebook group.
*CFRR are not affiliated with the venue or the hotel, and no monetary or special accommodations were received to provide this suggestion.*